Monday, November 19, 2012

The Taj Mahal Crawl







This stencil used positive and negative space which created a stark contrast that was highlighted by the brightly colored spray paint we used that made up the composition of the portrait, and had interest added to it by the collage in the background, on top of which was our drawing that we cut out with an Xacto knife from a page that we printed off of photoshop, where we used the threshold tool to help us see the contrast. Boom. Every vocabulary word used in one sentence. I used the background colors in order to create an illusion of a sun setting in the late afternoon, plus it looks pretty cool. The Taj Mahal itself is silouhetted against the sun, and  the white part is it's reflection on water. I almost cut my arm off about six times while using the Xacto knife, but it's all good because I'm prepared to make those kinds of sacrifices for my art. I loved the spray painting part of the project, and am thinking about making another stencil to put on other places around town. But not really because that's illegal, but it'd still be pretty sweet. This has probably been my favorite project we've done yet, both in the finished product, and the process of making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment